We make the economic information of Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona available to the public, as well as the details of the public subsidies we receive.
Audit, operating accounts and balance sheet
The SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital is a non-profit organisation that aims to secure sufficient funding so that it can continue its work.
The following documents express the auditor's opinion. The auditor assesses whether the 2020 accounts were prepared according to accounting principles and whether they reflect a true and fair image of the company.
Public subsidies 2020
Education Department - Generalitat de Catalunya:
- Subsidy to help finance the expense of the Hospital Teaching Unit located at the Hospital: 20,731 euros.
Social Rights Department - Generalitat de Catalunya
- Subsidy to help finance the Hospital Espai d'Associacions. Cohesion between associations 2019 - 2020: 34,449 euros.
Diputació de Barcelona
- Subsidy for economic aid to vulnerable families: 5,200 euros.
Generalitat de Catalunya
- Subsidy for economic aid to vulnerable families: 40,488 euros.
- Project Prevengo: 6,400 euros.
- Project TEVI: 33,200 euros.
- Project Sentim 2019-2020: 12,825 euros.
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Project FUSE 3D: 27,422 euros.
- Project ADACOM: 26,963 euros.
- Project HOSPITAL LIQUID: 32,048 euros.
- Project STEPS: 44,334 euros.
Additionally, at the end of 2006, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital received a capital subsidy from the Generalitat de Catalunya (local government of Catalonia, through the Department of Health) to help finance the remodelling and expansion of its infrastructure, in order to adapt to the significant increase in volume and complexity of its activity in recent decades.The receipt of this subsidy is subject to the performance of the works committed. We attach a copy of the Department of Health's decision corresponding to this subsidy.
International and private care and second opinion
As a private non-profit institution, SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital offers national and international private services, such as hospital admission and outpatient consultations.
We provide a wide range of general paediatric specialties (Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Traumatology, etc.) and highly specialised units that offer solutions to complex conditions, for which we are reference centre for second opinions.
We also incorporate services for which there is currently no public coverage, such as Orthodontics, learning disorders, an Adoption Unit and Sports Medicine.
For mothers and babies, we offer care during pregnancy and childbirth for women who opt for private medical care, and for mothers from other countries who choose our hospital during maternity.
The sum of the economic performance from our private and international activity has a great influence on SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, helping in its sustainability and continual development.